I couldn’t help but be influenced by the rise in Barbiecore with the new Barbie movie release. This pink polo shirt outfit is a more sophisticated nod to the extremely girly look. You can definitely play around with fun colors if you keep the type of clothes classic – like a polo shirt. Also keeping the rest of the look neutral helps to balance out the bright pop of color. Here I added white wide leg pants and loafers. A cream 2000s-inspired bag, white cateye sunglasses and sparkly studs finish off the feminine ensemble. “Get in! We’re going shopping!” These ones from Sam Edelman are super comfy and don’t give you blisters – I‘ve been wearing them non-stop for the past months. They are a more elevated version of white sneakers and match everything (especially colorful outfits). See the Recommend Items page on the blog for more product links!
Do you want to to know where to get the specific clothing that I’m wearing? Just comment below or message me per email, Instagram or Pinterest and I’ll link it or similar pieces. Don’t forget to mention the specific country you’re in so I can send you the right links. Happy shopping! 🙂
I recommend the following online stores for affordable elegant clothes:
- Na-kd has quality dress pants, sweaters, faux leather, boots & bags (has sales often)
- Zara has high quality blazers and matching suits
- H&M has nice sweater dresses with a flattering silhouettes (cinched waist)
- ASOS, H&M, Zara, Missguided and Boohoo have good pieces in general e.g. coats, cardigans, blazers, shoes, etc.
- Aldo & Aliexpress have structured bags for affordable prices
- Shein has the most affordable clothes especially blouses, jeans, skirts, shoes & accessories
- Consider buying pre-loved items that are good quality / name brand such as coats & bags
If you want to know the styling guidelines that I follow for every outfit, check out my elegant fashion guides: How to Always Look Elegant, Clothes That Look Cheap, How to Look Expensive on a Budget & The Biggest Fashion Mistakes.
Was this post inspiring or helpful? Then like it, save/pin it and share it! Have a question or do you want to say what you loved about this post? Leave a comment and I’ll get back to you.