This look should be one of your classic, go-to outfits when you don’t know what to wear. It is completely made up of capsule wardrobe pieces such as pair of black, high waisted wide leg trousers, a black and white striped turtleneck, a black wool coat, a long black scarf and Chelsea boots.
Tip: Opt for pointed boots so that they still look chic under longer pants even if they are flat. This way, your Chelsea boots stick out from the crowd of round toes. Also aim to get ones that go up a bit higher on your leg so that your calves (skin or socks) are not showing if you’re wearing cropped pants.
Remember: If you want extra warmth, go for wool pieces like my turtleneck and coat as well as cashmere pieces such as my scarf. Since they’re capsule items, they’re worth the investment since you’ll be wearing them year after year. If you want to put a spin on the look, you can add a pop of color like a red beret and matching red lips. Gold, rectangular sunglasses and leather gloves add a cool-factor to the look.
To see the outfits in action and check out my videos on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook or Pinterest! Let’s also get to know each other better through my IG stories (or FB)!
Do you want to to know where to get the specific clothing that I’m wearing? Just comment below or message me per email, Instagram or Pinterest and I’ll link it or similar pieces. Don’t forget to mention the specific country you’re in so I can send you the right links. Happy shopping! 🙂
I recommend the following online stores for affordable elegant clothes:
- Na-kd has quality dress pants, sweaters, faux leather, boots & bags (has sales often)
- Zara has high quality blazers and matching suits
- H&M has nice sweater dresses with a flattering silhouettes (cinched waist)
- ASOS, H&M, Zara, Missguided and Boohoo have good pieces in general e.g. coats, cardigans, blazers, shoes, etc.
- Aldo & Aliexpress have structured bags for affordable prices
- Shein has the most affordable clothes especially blouses, jeans, skirts, shoes & accessories
- Consider buying pre-loved items that are good quality / name brand such as coats & bags
If you want to know the styling guidelines that I follow for every outfit, check out my elegant fashion guides: How to Always Look Elegant, Clothes That Look Cheap, How to Look Expensive on a Budget & The Biggest Fashion Mistakes.
Was this post inspiring or helpful? Then like it, save/pin it and share it! Have a question or do you want to say what you loved about this post? Leave a comment and I’ll get back to you.